Friday, May 6, 2011

Red, White and Blue

I haven't been too productive this week - suffering from weather related headaches (believe me, I can tell you when a storm is coming!)  I'm still working on hand quilting the big spiral.  Here are a couple of new store samples I put together last night and this morning:
The little center pieces (some people like to call them candle mats) are my version of an idea I saw a million years ago.  People pestered me so that I re-drafted it and made up my own pattern.  The table runner is called the "Ten Minute Table Runner".  I have NO idea where that idea originated.  My sister-in-law told me about it after seeing it in her local quilt shop in the mid-west.  Later, a lady from Canada emailed me a version called the "Twenty Minute Table Runner" and the only difference was that the measurements were in meters instead of yards!

We have a quilt show again next weekend, so that was my incentive to use some of my pretty new fabrics in some new samples.  This fabric line is called "Tribute" from P & B Textiles and was designed by Pat Sloan.  

No comments: