Thursday, May 11, 2017

Turtle Time

It's not what you'd call an ART QUILT, 
but it IS original.


My shop (Cotton Fields Quilt Shop, Washington, NC) is participating in the Row by Row experience for the third time this year.  The theme is "On the Go".

I thought about this one for a long time.  I had the turtle idea almost right away, but wondered about what the turtles should be doing or carrying. Over the years, the designs nationwide have gotten ever more sophisticated and almost exclusively iron-on applique. In my previous designs, I've incorporated a little bit of both.  I decided to keep things simple.

I heard that a lot of Row by Row folks were looking for more PIECED designs.  Out came the graph paper. After I was happy with my little turtles, I added the checkerboard bottom for a little more interest.  The discovery of the cotton tape printed like a tape measure was great.  So, the leader of my turtles is "on the go" wearing a tape measure bow. 

* If you're not familiar with the Row by Row Experience, the best thing to do is look it up online for a more complete explanation than I could give here.

No comments: