Sunday, May 28, 2017

Not a Turtle

When I was at the quilt show a week ago, my friend and I both admired the TURTLE quilt hanging across the aisle from my booth.  Did I take a picture?  No. When I got home, I went online to see if I could find the source of the cute block.  Nope.

I found other turtles but not the one I was looking for.  And, in the midst of the turtle patterns, I found this (attributed to www.pinsdaddy.com):


CUTE!  I sketched the block and worked it out on my ancient EQ4 program (mirror image).  I printed 15 copies sized for 4" blocks. That's what I'm playing with today. 



I decided that the hourglass quilt needed a little bit more zing, so I'm in the midst of making a zillion crooked half square triangles for a second border. That should be ready for viewing soon.

No comments: