Thursday, May 25, 2017

Crooked Hourglass Blocks

A few weeks ago, I began to make some hourglass blocks, a la Sujata Shah.


I got completely side-tracked.


And ended up with this:


Then there was a graduation....


Then I was a vendor at a quilt show....


Everything is finally back in place and I can sew again! I had admired a quilt with the hourglass blocks set in columns, so they made vertical rows of crooked squares.  I tried that.


Then I made some blocks that included RED.  I don't know why, I just like brown and red together.


Then I tried just putting the four small blocks from each set together to make larger blocks.


I had to stop and make one more set of blocks.  Then I sewed them together and put them back up on the design wall.


I'll revisit the column idea at a later date.









No comments: