Thursday, March 14, 2013

Partners in Crime

Last night, Sally, Ruth and I had more than a little fun with fabric paints.  Sally shared this great DVD with us.
We also looked through Mickey Lawler's book
Then we played with Setacolor Paints, using some of the methods we had read about.  Here's Ruth.
I wanted to try out the scrunching method.  This is what it looked like last night.  It took all night and most of today to air dry.
When dry, I stretched it out.
Then I took it to the ironing board and pressed it well (the fabric paint needs to be heat-set anyway).  I'm pretty happy with the results and will try this again.
Yes, I'm still working on the wreath wall hanging.  I am currently trimming and sewing the new squares back together.  It will be ready for viewing SOON.  Here's a close-up of one of the squares under the twister tool.

No comments: