Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Odds and Ends

Here is a picture of the older, finished baby blanket.  I did not like this edging at all!  I remember now that I just made a sort of ruffle with groups of double crochet.  I unraveled it all and made nice neat shells all around.  It looks so much nicer.

I started off the day at the store doing some "real work" (sort of).  I cut and folded and put together these fat quarter Christmas trees.  These were new last year and very popular.  Another great idea sent to my by my wonderful sister -in-law.  Thanks, Jeri!
Dear Jane has kind of slowed down lately, but Linda and I were able to get together today.  She has over 70 blocks finished and several of the pieced outside triangles.  I will have 42 blocks when I finish the one I'm working on.  Here is the one I sewed this afternoon.  It is partially paper-pieced and partially appliqued.

No comments: