Thursday, April 27, 2017

Walking Foot Quilting

This morning I finished the quilting on the brown/gold/red piece.  All straight lines, 1/2" apart.  It took 2 1/2 bobbins!  I marked the center with blue painter's tape and lined up the edge of the walking foot.  Then I continued to line up with lines of stitching, working on one side and then flipping it around and working from the center out on the other side.  


I like the texture.  Now all that's left to do is squaring and adding a facing.

WAY last fall I was working on a small tree wall hanging.  It was part of a challenge for the local quilt show with the theme "Branching Out".  I realized that I had never shown it after it was completely finished.




The straight line stitching on this piece is by hand.  It also has a little bit of embroidery and beading, plus some hand made polymer clay leaves.  I actually made the leaves before I started the wall hanging.  It's name is "Standing Alone".


No comments: