Friday, April 10, 2015

Little Art Exhibit

Here's my entry in the 2015 Little Art Exhibit.  It's an annual fundraiser benefiting the Beaufort County Arts Council here in Washington, North Carolina.  Each participant is provided with an 8" x 10" canvas and create a finished piece that will be on exhibit and available for purchase. 


Two friends, Mary and Sally, had played with woven ideas recently and I wanted to get in on the fun.  I wove my strips on top of a piece of fusible interfacing laying face up on my ironing board, then zigzagged all of the raw edges with "smoke" invisible thread.  I fine tuned some of the ins and outs along the edge with scissors, then zigzagged twice around with purple thread. I dabbed the edges where white still showed with my black Sharpie.  I spray painted the canvas RED before attaching the woven piece.  I was toying with the idea of beads or other embellishments, but I think now that it is DONE.


No comments: