Saturday, August 16, 2014

More Christmas?!

Before I toddle off to vend at another quilt show next week, I wanted to put together one more sample.  This is a pattern from Bloomin' Minds.  I have a number of patterns from their Half to Haves series, fun little wall hangings that go together quickly.  I chose to make "Owl Be Home for Christmas". It's about 13" square.


After hand embroidering the letters, the colored pieces were fused, then I did machine blanket stitch around the edges of each piece.


Borders on.


Machine quilting in a simple stipple.  Straight stitching on both sides of that narrow inner border.


Isn't this CUTE???  If you are curious about the other Bloomin' Minds patterns that I carry in the store, take a look at my store blog
 http://cottonfieldsnc.blogspot.com/
See the August 12 post - they are not on the ordering page YET.

Today in the store, I'm giving a lesson on making fabric Christmas ornaments. Not an original idea, you can find this on YOUTUBE under "Folded Fabric Ornaments".  Always give credit where credit's due!  In progress ...


The finished product:








No comments: