Friday, September 6, 2013

Graffiti Challenge

I'm putting the binding on both the "Cats" wall hanging and the "Improv Log Cabin" lap quilt, plus I've put together the plans for next week's class, so it's time to reward myself.

It's time to start the NEXT CHALLENGE.

A year or so ago, the Artrageous quilt group painted fabric together.  We attacked 2 yards of muslin with acrylic paints, rollers, stamps, and brushes. The fabric was COOL, but there wasn't enough of it to go around, so we sent off a sample and had fat quarters printed.  Not quite as vibrant as the original piece, but it is what it is.




We're calling it the "Graffiti Challenge" and our challenge quilts will be displayed together at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, Virginia next spring.  I've had too long to think about it and have tossed around too many different ideas.  Time to make up my mind and get started!

I pulled these fabrics this morning:



Let's see what happens next.


No comments: