Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas Scraps

This year, I got a LOT of mileage out of the box in the closet marked "Christmas".  It contained a lot of fat quarters and large scraps.  First I made two different kinds of table or candle mats.  Then last week I offered a class and nobody signed up.  Pooh!  The class was for making simple rectangular ornaments with a pocket on the back for gift cards.  I made a bunch anyway.
They'll be making their next appearance at the Annual Holiday Arts at Crafts Show at the Washington Civic Center on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1.  For more information, call 252-946-2504.  The Civic Center is located at 110 N. Gladden Street, Washington, NC 27889.

I sewed and sewed last night.  Here are the units I've constructed so far.  They will need the smaller corner triangles added after I trim the corners that are sticking out.
Here's the basic plan, along with the smaller triangles ready to go and, OOPS, all of the little strips that I had left over.
Stay tuned ... I've actually cut and sewn enough to make a square with four big X blocks, so time will tell whether it will turn out to be a runner or a big square.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Those ornaments are sweet! I especially like the Charlie Brown one. And they hold a gift card, awesome! Your runner is looking great so far. You got me wanting to make another one.

Lori R. said...

Off for Thanksgiving vacation now. Hope I an pick up where I left off next week!
Lori